In British Columbia, the titles “optician” and “contact lens fitter”—and all titles derived from these, like “dispensing optician”—are reserved for registrants of COBC. In addition, contact lens fitting and automated refraction are restricted activities. Therefore, anyone wishing to practice opticianry, identify with these titles, or perform restricted activities in this province is required to register with COBC.
Brand new to the profession?
Already educated? Have some experience in the industry?
Select the category that best describes your situation:
- I’ve graduated from an accredited Canadian opticianry program
- I’ve graduated from a non-accredited opticianry program
- I received my education in opticianry (or a related field) outside of Canada
- I’m licensed in another Canadian province and I want to transfer to BC
- I was previously licensed in BC and I want to get my licence back
Ready to apply?
Start the process here.